15 December, 2011

December Challenge - Thankyou

Hello Get Funky Challengers!
Can you believe it but today is the beginning of the last Get Funky Challenge for 2011?  Well it is, and I thought I would give you a bit of break from all those Christmas cards you have been making and start putting together your THANK YOU cards.

So this months challenge is a pretty simple one really, I want to see any type of card or other creation with a Thank You theme.  Maybe you want to say thank you for a really great Christmas present or for a wonderful welcome over the Christmas period.  But that doesn't need to be the only things you could be thankful for.  Maybe you would like to tell your best friend thanks for their friendship.  It really is completely up to you.

Here is my challenge card to get you started... 


This card has been created with a collection of a few different items from three of my Papercraft Factory CDs.  The papers are all from Colour Me Happy, the Blissful Baby Collection, the coloured digital stamp is from the Craft the Year Away CD and the Easel card template is from Twelve Crafters Crafting CD. I decided to see how many papers, digital stamps and templates from different craft CDs I could use and still have it all work together.

The sentiment was created in one of the Papercraft Factory CD workspaces.  I used the Courier New font at size 18 in black.  Then I just centered the words using the workspace before printing it out on white card.
Infact everything this card was printed out on is white card.  White card and paper will always give you the best results with digital craft items you are printing either from a craft CD or from a craft download.

I also used just a few other bits of stash from my craft collection on this card.

I used the pre coloured digital image of the umbrella but I decided that it needed a little extra so I just doodled around the edge of it with a white Sakura Glaze pen.  As usual I inked around the edges of all the layers with a black ink pad to give them a little lift.  Using a silver Sakura pen I dotted each of the rail drops, which hasn't really showed up that well on the photos but they are sparkling nicely here on my desk as I write this!  Around the main topper and the sentiment I used a black Sakura glaze pen to draw simple line boxes just to give the card a more modern feel.

I wrapped white button twine around the main part of the easel card over the top of the image and then unwrapped the ends of the knotted twine to give a little bit of a untidy finish to it. To hold the easel part of the card back I used a red heart shaped button which tied the red of the umbrella into the whole card.

Right this is my card, now for you to come up with something to enter our December Get Funky challenge.

As always there is only ONE rule for entries.  You need to use at least one Funky Hand product on your challenge entry.  I make it really easy for you every month by designing a Funky Freebie paper that you can find on my website www.funkyhand.com so even if you don't have any Funky Hand products in your stash yet, you can join in. My Design Team are pretty pleased with this months Freebie download, a few of them have used it in their card examples so hopefully you will like it as well!

Oh, I forgot to tell you what you can win!  There is a prize of your choice of any Funky Hand download collection for the winner of the challenge. The winner will be announced on the 15th January here on the Get Funky Blog.

So, I hope you feel inspired to join us this month.  Keep calling back every few days as the rest of the Funky Hand Design Team will be sharing their Thank You cards to give you lots more inspiration. If you would like to make sure you don't miss any new posts follow us on Facebook by 'Liking' our page http://www.facebook.com/funkyhand

Happy crafting!
Anice xx



4 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant thank you card and I like the way you've used so many different sources for the papers etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous anice, love the easel fold too huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the freebie thankyou sheet. Have now worked out how to extract zipped files on my new laptop so hopefully can start joining in again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.