18 December, 2011

Kathy says Thank You!

 Anice is bringing the 2011 Funky Fifteenth challenges to an end with a great big 
THANK YOU challenge
We all have plenty to say Thank You for don't we?  We're all hoping that Father Christmas will be bringing us some lovely presents in a few days time for a start - but with Christmas and New Year just around the corner it's not a bad time of year to reflect upon other reasons to say "Thank You"too

My little set of cards has a "Thank you for the Gift" theme and I've made them in the shape of gifts.
Once I'd got started on these, they didn't take long to make and at less than 8cms square they are sooooo cute!  Of course, one of the beauties of the Papercraft series of CDs is that you can make your images any size you like....
I've used the fab gift image from the "Happy Happy Birthday" CD to make these little shaped cards along with the "Blue Magic" papers from the "Dreams Come True" CD
If I'#d been more on the ball I'd have printed all the papers onto cardstock and built up the layers from that, but I wasn't, so I did more cutting and sticking than I needed to - I'll be making more of these little cards so I'll definitely be doing it that way when I do.

The two layers of the little bows are only stuck to the card under the !knot" so they stand out nicely and add a bit of dimensional interest.
If you use this idea in your own crafting, just remember to line up the bottom edges of the ribbon and card, leaving more of a "sticky-up" bit at the top - otherwise your card won't stand up!
To make the tiny tags I just printed the sentiment a few times then used a ruler and knife to cut them out. I trimmed off the angles at the top and used a needle and some fine silver thread to make the hanger - the the knot layer of the bow holds the tags on to the card and the tags themselves hang free, just like on a real parcel.  The tag could just as easily say "Happy Birthday" so I'm thinking that I'll be using this idea again and again....
Materials:
Shaped card made using Gift image from Happy Happy Birthday" CD
Papers "Blue Magic" set from  "Dreams Come True" CD
cardstock, inks for edging, silver thread

As always there is only ONE rule for entries.  You need to use at least one Funky Hand product on your challenge entry.  Anice makes it really easy for you every month by designing a Funky Freebie paper that you can find HERE so even if you don't have any Funky Hand products in your stash yet, you can join in. 

There is a prize of your choice of any Funky Hand download collection for the winner of the challenge. The winner will be announced on the 15th January along with the brand new challenge, here on the Get Funky Blog.so there's plenty of time to get busy with those Thank You messages.  There will be a new Thank You idea along every few days till then and next up it'll be Debs here on the 22nd to inspire you
Happy Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Crafting from me!

3 comments:

  1. These are great cards and we all need to say thank you at this time of year don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love these! they look so good
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little thank you cards Kathy once again fab ideas.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.