07 October, 2012

Wordbooks - Anything Goes!

Hello :) I'm back for my second blog as a Funkette and yes, I know it's only the beginning of October but I'm trying to think about Christmas and be as organised as possible this year. So, with that in mind, I knew as soon as the challenge for this month was announced, I would do something Christmas themed and of course Funkyhand were able to provide me with the perfect papers for my make.

For those of you who don't know me, I come from a large family (I am one of 8 children) and between us, there are currently 26 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. And although we don't tend to buy for the older children, I do always try and make the little ones something. And here's a little taster of what I've made:




Using the wordbooks and papers from the Santa Baby and Christmas Tree ranges, I have started to make mini wordbooks and covered decorations (the ones shown are for two of the great-grandchildren, Ruby and Rhys). All I needed to add was a little baker's twine - it couldn't be easier. I am also making co-ordinating cards, so keep your eyes on my blog because they'll be coming up soon.

The papers are fantastic whatever the age range or gender and there's plenty of variety so even with a large family like mine, no two cards or wordbooks need be the same! So, all that's left is for me to hand over to you guys now and I can't wait to see what you come up with :) All we ask is that you use a Funkyhand product in your make, and don't worry if you don't own any Funkyhand products , Anice has created a fabulous freebie to help you out.

Click on the Add Link button to be entered. If you haven't got a blog then you can enter via the facebook page instead. This challenge closes on Sunday 14th October so there's still a week to get your entries in. See you soon, love Sammylou xxx


3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy.Gorgeous word books and covered decorations.Love them.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Sam. You have broken the ice with the C - word cards..now I will have to start thinking about what I will do this year :(
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and I think I recognise those sizzix dies, I'm going to have a look in my stash. I'd not thought of using them as labels which is so obvious now I've seen your sample!! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.