01 December, 2012

Jingle All The Way!

Good morning!!!  It's the 1st of December and I hope you're all more organised than me for Christmas!  I'm sort of about getting there but fortunately I've made all the special Christmas cards in advance as I'm delivering some of them today!  At least it means the safe place I put them in won't be forgotten!

I hope you're liking our new look here at Get Funky and Craft; Anice started the ball rolling on Wednesday, and here I am with the weekend post.  Allison will be along on Wednesday with more papercrafting inspiration for you.

Anyway, here is the card I've made for my brother and his girlfriend this Christmas:

I've used the wordbook download Christmas Tree and simply printed out the letters I wanted onto thick card (I think its 240gsm) and then put the card back into the printer and added one of the plain colours from the backing paper collection so that the 'pages' are not blank on the back.

I then cut round each letter and layered them up so that you can see each letter.  I then cut each page so that it lined up as a book would at the spine.  I used a corner rounder punch to keep it looking nice and then added red glitter glue around the edge of each letter (it's Christmas after all!) and finally simply glued each page together and when once dry, I scored so that each page can be opened.

The word 'bells' has been cut with a Sizzix alphabet die - Round-A-Bout and I've used some of the offcuts of card from the wordbook letters and then went to town with some green glitter glue!

And to finish it all off, I found some green satin ribbon in my stash but not enough to make a fancy bow, so I threaded some red, gold, and green jingling bells onto some thin red ribbon and tied it all together.

If you're wondering just how big this card is and if it will fit in a normal envelope, then wonder no more as you can buy wordbook envelopes to fit!

You can show off your Funky Hand creations by adding to the blue frog below!

3 comments:

  1. A really beautiful Wordbook Ruth, I love it! You can never have too much sparkle on a Christmas card now can you!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wordbook.Love the rich xmas colours.I'm sure they'll love it.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the Wordbook Queen! This one is just so wonderfully festive

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.