29 May, 2013

Sneak peep at a new digital stamp

Hi Anice here, I had to make a birthday card for Ian's Dad this week and I decided to use one of my yet to be released digital stamps.  The collection is called Doodlewords and you will find them available very soon  on the Funky Hand website.

Right lets get to the card...


You must know by now I'm a pretty simple style card maker but even more so when it a mans card. I used a black 6'' x 6'' card base and cut four different papers from the Colour Me Happy CD ROM  the Jovial Man collection, 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" square and then glued them to the base card leaving just a small edge around them and the base cards edge.  I liked the larger spaces of the black card that were left crossing the card. It made a nice background to add the topper.  I printed the digital stamp on Neenah Classic Crest Card and then layered it with some scrap white card left over from another project. I inked both around the edges so they stood out from each other

Here's a closer look at the new digital stamp..


I know alot of crafters are a little scared of colouring any sort of stamps but I've created these ones to be easy as pie to colour.  I used Promarkers to colour them choosing ones that matched the papers as closely as possible.  If you are interested I used, Moss, Indigo Blue, Sky Blue, Apple and Cool Grey 1 to outline around the edges.  I'm not a great colourer but I think this turned out pretty OK!

Well that's me done for this month, look out for some more inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team, over here at the weekend.

Oh, and don't forget if you have created anything either using Funky Hand products or the techniques that have been shared with you over the previous posts please share it with us using the linky below.  We would love to see what you have created and visit your blogs.

See you again soon
Anice xx


6 comments:

  1. I will certainly be on the lookout for these digis - love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anice, Very nice. Will b keeping an eye out for these on your site. Gorgeous card. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Anice.These doodle words look fab.Coloured beautifully.Great colours.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I do love this Anice and Mo says very clever neesy,it looks like a present!
    huge hugs Lou...and Mo!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card hun, really love the colours, will be looking out for the stamp on the site, perfect for a man's card as we all know they can be ackward beggars to make for lol

    huggies

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful - what a great idea

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.