15 May, 2013

Take One Sketch...

Hello Sammylou here and I am a little late posting this so big apologies. I desperately tried to be organised this month but the new payroll system at work has been invading my work life balance majorly, leaving little time to craft.

Anyway, enough sob story from me. This month I have chosen to make some cards based on a sketch. Sketches are such useful tools, especially when making cards without a particular recipient in mind.

So, armed with the May sketch from Kathy's sketch file and Father's Day in mind, I have produced the following cards:

Here's the sketch:
May's file available at http://kathyswafflesketchfile.blogspot.co.uk/

After you've finished reading why not pop on over for more inspiration?


Now to my cards. I have created two. One using the I Love You Sew download and one using Steam Punk. The I Love you Sew download is turning out to be one of my all-time favourites. The colours are so vibrant and the papers are just adorable.
Dad - using I Love You Sew

Dad - using Steam Punk



Both cards were made using only the downloads and some dies. The cogs on the Steam Punk paper were perfect for creating the cascading circles in the sketch and I modified the sketch slightly and made cascading stars instead for the I Love You Sew card.

So what would you create with the sketch? We would love to see. Please share your creations on the Funky Hand Facebook page and keep your eyes peeled for some fabulous new downloads coming your way. Wedding season is nearly upon us and Anice is going to help you celebrate it in style!

Finally a great big thank you to Kathy for allowing me to use her sketch. Have a wonderful May and I look forward to seeing you all soon, love Sammylou xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow two brilliant and stylish cards dearie.Love sketches - they are great if you're not sure where to start.Must have a play with this sketch too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sam. Using Sketches is always so helpful when you just can't think of what to do. Thanks for introducing them to the blog.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are extraordinary!You've really captured the essence of Kathy's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fab - love the stars idea particularly - perfect for boys cards so might need to pinch it. The steampunk cogs lwork so well - overlapping them like that really makes it look like some crazy machine!

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.