15 June, 2013

One Sheet Magic

Hi there, Kathy here today with something I hope will inspire you to Get Funky and Craft this weekend!

There's something special about being able to create a cute little gift box from just one sheet of paper - I don't know why these things intrigue me so much, but they do, and when I came across this tutorial I knew I had to give it a go.
Here's the finished box

I thought that this little project would be a good excuse to do a little printing experiment too.  One of the extra special benefits of using Funky Hand downloads is that you get to play around a lot with trying out different papers to see what interesting effects you can achieve.  Have you ever tried printing on regular tracing paper, or on vellum for instance?  Just change the setting on your printer to "draft" or "fast" and give it a try - make sure you leave it to dry for a good while and you'll get the most beautiful, soft results - you can make some fab faux Washi tape this way.
Getting back to this particular experiment though.....
I love the textures of the various Bazzill cards so thought I'd see what happened when I used some white Bazzill cardstock to print some of the new - and absolutely gorgeous "Summer Wedding" designs on to.
Oh wow! 
I am just so pleased with the results that I've only gone and bought a bulk pack of the stuff to do more Funky printing on! Obviously its more expensive that just using regular paper or card, but taking a little bit of care - and actually planning what I'm making (for a change) before I do the print run it works out just fine - especially as I can use the "trimmings" too
I cut my sheet of 12x12 down to size then printed on both sides so that my box is coloured on the inside too.  I cut the piece that was trimmed off the side in half then did some cropping and resizing of some other designs and printed on both sides of those too - great for the embellishments etc!

Materials and Tools
Funky Hand Summer Wedding Download, available HERE
Instructions for the gift box are HERE
Ribbon,  Cropadile. Tiny Font sticker letters, Flat-backed pearls, 
Card Candy, Stickles

The flowers used here were cut from one of the paper designs which I'd cropped and resized to print just a few, but in large size
Here are a couple more photos of the finished box.  I hope you like it and will head off now to give it a try.


Here at Funky Hand's   "Get Funky and Craft blog" we love to try out Anice's wonderful image and paper downloads in different ways and we hope it shows just how versatile they are. 
We'd really love to see what you use your Funky Hand stash for, so whaterver you make - please share your creativity by leaving a link - we'll come along to see what you've made and leave you a message if you do ;)

Happy Crafting



5 comments:

  1. oooh Kathy thats stunning hunny and I love those summery colours
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Not only do you show us a wonderful mini gift box but, there's some great advice about printing on different mediums. Thanks for the ideas.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible make dearie.Great ideas for us to try printing on other things like vellum etc... You've inspired me to have a go.Must try that gift box too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy is so talented and creative - this is a truly gorgeous creation x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful box...and lovely colours. I might need this lovely CD.

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.