06 February, 2014

Take it Away!

 Heloooooo

Better late than never, as they say....
It's Kathy here with some Midweek Funky Fun - are you looking for something a bit different to make for your Valentine this February 14th?
 Coming soon to the Funky Hand Shop are some fab and quirky Takeaway coffee cups with messages just perfect for your Valentine.
I've made two cards using two of the new downloads - but which to give to my hubby, I can't decide!
Both were made by printing the downloaded images direct to the papers I wanted to use, then all I had to do was some cutting and layering. 
The coffee cups were mounted on box hinges; imagine the outer piece of a matchbox - you stick one side to your card and the opposite side to your image, leaving the other 2 sides loose, When all is dried you can push on the image piece to make it lie flat and fit into an envelope.  
The coffee cups stand right out from the background for display.
I really love using these hinges - they are so simple but so effective

These downloads will be available from the Funky Hand Shop really soon and I'm sure they'll be useful for all sorts of occasions, not just Valentines! There are also some other versions with different messages coming up soon so please keep checking back to the shop to see if they are "brewed" yet ;)

 For the 1st card the papers are from "Tea's Up!"priced at £3,49
For the 2nd card I used papers from the "I Love You Sew" download collection priced at £3.19

I hope you like these cards and maybe you'll have a go at making one yourself - we'd really love to see your creations. 
Thanks for visiting, see you next time for more Funky Inspiration

Happy Crafting


3 comments:

  1. ooooh lovely makes Kathy
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fabulous makes dearie.Must try doing a hinge like you suggested to make my images popand stand out..Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are totally wonderful Kathy. Thank you for showcasing the next releases so wonderfully. I best get them released now!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.